Logo design is not only integral to your corporate identity, but it’ll ensure your consumers remember your brand.
There’s no doubt that the business world is more competitive than ever before. Companies of all sizes are vying for consumers’ shortened attention spans and as a result, the importance of an impactful logo design can’t be ignored. Memorable logos are needed to quickly grab the attention of potential customers and communicate a company’s core values.
A logo is a company’s first introduction to consumers and an integral part of corporate identity. A carefully crafted logo design not only sets you apart from your competition, but it give consumers insights into your business through the use of colour, shapes and fonts. Moreover, visually striking images can leave consumers curious about your business and wanting to know more.
While a strong logo design is not the only factor consumers consider when making a purchase, it is certainly the most recognizable part of your brand and can help guarantee your company is always remembered in the best way possible.
So what makes a great logo design? There are really five key characteristics that you need to consider when designing your logo.
- Is it simple? You’ll want something people can recognize immediately and often it’s the simplest logo designs that are remembered the most.
- Is it scalable? You need to consider that your design will be seen on a range of marketing material from business cards to billboards, and you want your logo design to look great no matter the size.
- Is your logo design impactful? Remember, you want to not only capture your potential customers attention, but your also want to leave a lasting impression.
- Is your logo versatile? From webpages to print advertising, you want a logo that represents your business to look equally good no matter the platform.
- Is your logo design relevant to your business? It has to have meaning that relates to the work you are doing.
Major businesses will shell out millions on a logo designer to craft their perfect image, but most small and emerging companies don’t have endless amounts to spend. Luckily, there are a number of sites that offer free logo design. With the use of a pre-defined template, you can just add your brand name, choose an image, adjust various options, do some tweaking and you’re good to go.
When choosing to use an online template or free logo design app, your design options and customizability will be limited, and results are not differentiated, but you can still get an acceptable logo once you find the right app. Most importantly, this comes at a price point that is affordable even with the most restrictive budgets.
And its important to remember that many iconic brands have redesigned their logos after becoming established. So, if your brand is strong enough to make it, your logo can evolve down the road to reflect your growth or send you off in a new direction.